How to Control Your Smart Home with a Single Command using Alexa
Posted by: smartdevice
Make your Smart Home work as you fancy with a single command using Alexa.
One of the biggest problems of smart devices till date has to speak multiple commands to get a simple task done. What if you can perform multiple tasks with a single command? Donâ€™t be surprised, Alexa makes it possible. All you need to do is create Alexa Routines on your Echo Device. Without further ado, letâ€™s delve into how to set up Alexa Routines and control multiple smart home devices at once.
Control Your Smart Home with a Single Command using Alexa Routines
- Start off by launching the Alexa app on your smartphone and tapping the hamburger (menu) button resting at the top-left corner
- Select Settings > Accounts > Routines
- Tap the Plus Sign encircled in blue to create a routine
- Next, trigger a routine by tapping When this happens
- Set Alexa to trigger the Routine When you say something or At scheduled time
If you select â€˜When you say somethingâ€™, you are free to choose the phrase that youâ€™ll make use of for prompting routine. For Instance, â€œ Alexa, I am upâ€. Speaking this will start your routine in no time. Complete the routine creation by tapping on the Save button.
Here weâ€™re explaining the latter one â€œAt scheduled timeâ€
- Select the time you want a routine to get activated
- Select at what time you want a particular routine to repeat. You can set it for every day, every weekday, once a week, or weekends only.
- Confirm the day(s) and time for the routine to get activated, and hit Done
- Tap the(+) sign to add an action
- Select the action you want your Alexa to act upon. This can be playing music, reading news, weather, traffic, having Alexa say a phrase or even activating another smart device.
- Hit Add to finish adding an action ( You can add as many actions as you want to a routine)
- Finally, select from which speaker the routine will play audio
- The need to select a speaker if you opt for a scheduled routine. For the routine created based on a phrase, it can be specified by you that you wish the phrase to play audio from whichever speaker you speak to.
- Tap Create to finish creating a routine
Thatâ€™s all! From this time forth, you can control your smart home devices the way you want using Alexa Routines.